Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Integrity, Respect, & the Service Corp

The function of this blog is to provide homeowners in The Shores an opportunity to learn about my background and beliefs as you make a decision as to who to vote for in the upcoming Service Corp Directors election.


While my resume is included in your election packet, I have made it available to you here and I have also addressed some important background information and election issues that I feel important to the future of our community.


As a high school student, I was invited to a Rotarian luncheon. The Rotarians would honor students monthly for academic and leadership qualities. There were usually four to six students a months taken to the luncheon. I remember thinking that they must have run-out of the real stars for them to invite me.


On each table at the luncheon, were cards standing in the middle of each table with the "Rotarian Creed". I was so impressed with the simplicity and logic of the creed, that I copied it on a napkin and have tried to use it in my decision process throughout my life. I want to share it with you . . .


THE 4-WAY TEST OF WHAT WE THINK, SAY, or DO:


  1. IS IT THE TRUTH?

  2. IS IT FAIR TO ALL CONCERNED?

  3. WILL IT BUILD GOODWILL & BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?

  4. WILL IT BE BENEFICIAL TO ALL CONCERNED?

The principles in this simple four-way test are powerful. Truth, fairness, goodwill, building friendships, and benefits for all concerned are the very attributes we need in building a better community. These are the principles I will try to use in serving as your Service Corp Director.

All too often we have seen how Service Corp meetings have turned into personal attacks. I will work, by using the 4-way test, to stop any character assasination and petty distractions from keeping us from our goal--a better community.

While minority and alternative ideas are always welcomed, by measuring them with the integrity of truth, fairness, goodwill, and benefit to the community, we all win! Each elected director is a representative of the hundreds of homeowners who voted for them. Those homeowners need to be respected by allowing thier elected directors to meet their responsibilities.

The Rotarian 4-way test is a wonderful way for us to build and grow as a community. Together, we can face any challenge; overcome any problem, as long as we do it with respect and integrity. I need your help in the Service Corp election. Your support and vote is valued as a choice "for a better Shores." Your consideration is appreciated.


No comments:

Post a Comment